… so named because it’s taken forever to make!
The squares were all knitted up quite some time ago, but they then needed sewing together – I’m never making a blanket with 60 squares that all need sewing at the end ever again. I couldn’t do the sewing as I went along, because I was making the blanket up on the fly, using a book I found at the library: “200 Knitted Blocks for blankets, throws and afghans” by Jan Eaton. I used 4 colours, and knit 4 copies of each block pattern rotating the colours I was using.
0) Plain mitred square (not actually listed as a separate block, because it’s too dull!)
18) Flowing Pinks
37) Little Cables
56) Big Heart
57) Christmas Stripes
98) Scattered Leaves
101) Blue Seas
129) Purple Haze
141) Random Bobbles
161) Soft Stripes
When I started, I’d decided to sew the blocks into sets of 4 by rotating through 90° each time, but I’m glad I left all the sewing to the end, as some of the patterns would have looked odd rotated.
Arranging the blocks once I’d sewn them into blocks of 4 took some doing as well, but I’m fairly pleased with the final result, as is the recipient! The other nice thing is that I’ve freed up a large tote bag that’s been holding the squares and sewing yarn for the last *cough* year or more.